Browser Changer ios4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mustnotsleep, Aug 12, 2010.

1. mustnotsleep macrumors 6502

On several spreadsheets, it shows this as working. However, when I click a link in mail, it opens opera very briefly (my preferred browser), but then opens safari. Is this working properly for others? Any known fix?

2. mustnotsleep thread starter macrumors 6502

nobody uses browser changer? how on earth do so many dorks prefer safari?

3. dgstan macrumors 6502a

I love how ask for help from the people you just insulted.

Anyhow, thanks for letting me know about this program. I just installed perfect browser on my iPad and was bemoaning the fact that shitfari was still the default. If I decide to stick with PB, I'll put it on my ip4 and let you know how it works with the changer.

4. TroyJam macrumors member

TroyJam

Works for me using Perfect Browser or Atomic on my iP4. Not a big fan of Safari either.

5. mustnotsleep thread starter macrumors 6502

what do you dislike about safari and which one do you think is best? ive just been somewhat skeptical of picking up a browser made by a small company rather than one of the established majors. if i could do chrome i would.

6. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

You do know that all the broswers in the App store aren't browsers in the typical sense. They're more like skins for the safari browser with added functions. Opera mini for example is technically a picture viewer. Their server downloads the site and presents it to you as a picture with clickable bits.

7. TroyJam macrumors member

TroyJam

Been using Perfect Browser for quite awhile, initially for full screen capability and now just kinda used to it. PB is updated for iOS 4, does auto fullscreen on page load among other things. Only using Atomic on my iPhone 4 with the Netflix hack so I don't have much experience with it. Initially went with Atomic (which has ad-block built in) on my iPad but PB seems noticeably faster so I switched to PB there as well. My problem with Safari is mainly screen real estate and lack of options compared to the 3rd party alternatives.

8. dgstan macrumors 6502a

Yeah, this doesn't work for me either on an iP4. I'm using the latest version of Perfect Browser and the current version of Browser Changer set to use Perfect Browser. It opens Safari.

9. dgstan macrumors 6502a

Update: I found a "Browser" toggle in SBSettings. Turned that on and it's now working for me. I don't know why there's a toggle in there as well as the setting for the app itself, but whatever - it works.

10. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

Love everything about Atomic minus the icon. It's hideous.

11. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

12. Mess macrumors 6502

Mess

Glad i found this thread too.
    Installed the sbsettings toggle and now i have a default browser. Wasnt working otherwise. :cool: