Browser issues

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jynx21, Jan 14, 2012.

1. jynx21 macrumors newbie

This is VERY annoying!

For some reason I am unable to browse via any web browser on my mac mini, I seem to get the error screen server not found. If I quit and restart Firefox the problem still persists,

The problem is apparently not in our cable access or the household router; other computers in the house work fine when this problem appears.* And it's not just Firefox, because when it happens I can't solve it by switching to Safari or other browsers, which show their own "server not found" error messsages.* The computer itself is not frozen; I can switch to other tasks.* And I can even scroll and bookmark the pages I have open - I just can't go anywhere else.

This has been a problem for about a month and occasionally I'm able to connect but has got much worse in the past few days. Does anyone know what this might be? Any help would be great as I can't think what it could be.

Thanks in advance

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I have no idea what the problem is, but a suggestion: Log in under a different User Account. If the problem goes away, your present account is corrupted.

3. blatopilot macrumors regular

Is Airport turned on?

Do other applications connect to the internet, but not browsers? Can you get to the itunes store? If you get to the itunes store you know you have connection.

Check your network settings to make sure everything looks to connect to your network. Clean cache and cookies, and as the other post said, try connecting on your guest account. Isolate the variables.