Browser problems?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tocyk, Jun 12, 2008.

1. tocyk macrumors member

I am currently running both FireFox and Safari. For some reason, two sites I frequent, FaceBook and MySpace, have some weird issues with both browsers.

So when I am using Safari, sometimes MySpace will suddenly stop working, so I'll use FireFox, and MySpace will run fine. And sometimes, vice versa happens. This happens with both MySpace and Facebook.

Another issue I come to is, both browsers have problems displaying pictures on these two sites, and both browsers also have problems with displaying music on MySpace Artist pages.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Thanks a lot and sorry if this is the wrong board.

2. ucsdmac macrumors 6502

ucsdmac

Thats so weird, cause I've been having the same issues with both Safari and Firefox(RC3) too. But its not with facebook or myspace. With Firefox, I can't go to bankofamerica.com or my school's website :webct.ucsd.edu; they just show up as blanks but they work with safari. However, on safari, some of the websites wont load pictures and videos. Anyone has any clues for these issues?

3. tocyk thread starter macrumors member

4. willw77 macrumors newbie

Same thing happening to me

I've been having these same issues. In fact it just happened to me in safari when I was looking at this thread. It seems certain images or pages safari doesn't like and doesn't load them all the way or something. The image is all garbled but when you refresh it's fine, then you'll scroll down and it will be garbled again.

5. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Firefox has been going bonkers after a day or two consistently for me since Minefield (the beta that led to FF3). After a while, sites won't load, or will only load halfway. Entering things in the address bar won't work, etc. I then have to force quit, as it won't close normally. It's highly bothersome. I tried getting rid of every bit of FF on my system and reinstalling afresh, but it still seems to occur.