Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guido.coza

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
South Africa
Hi I have a problem with my mozilla browser. I thought the easiest is to uninstall the corrupt version and re-install from a backup.
Now what I get from TM is the blank bare Mozilla download as I could get it from the internet. None of my settings, bookmarks, passwords etc are stored! Did I miss something??
Please anybody have a solution as I'm battling for the last 4 days to get on the net at all

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
It sounds like you need to restore your Firefox profile. It should be in one of these two folders. The ~ is your personal users folder.

Code:
~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/
~/Library/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/

guido.coza

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
South Africa
It sounds like you need to restore your Firefox profile. It should be in one of these two folders. The ~ is your personal users folder.

Code:
~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/
~/Library/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/

Hi Weaselboy
sadly none of the 2 mentioned file still exist.
Why doesn't Timemashine not restore the version and state of a program on the time of the backup?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Hi Weaselboy
sadly none of the 2 mentioned file still exist.
Why doesn't Timemashine not restore the version and state of a program on the time of the backup?

You could restore your entire Mac back to a previous date if you want, but this would lose any files added since that date. Do a command-r boot to recovery then select restore from Time Machine and select the date you want to restore from.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.