Browser window management

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kossibeibe, Jul 25, 2011.

1. kossibeibe, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2011

kossibeibe macrumors newbie

Hey all,

I thought this would be right place to ask this. Here's the thing:

Let's say im watching Flash video with fullscreen ON (Youtube, justin.tv etc.)

Is it possible to have another window on top of the fullscreen flash? Let's say i want a small pop-up chat window to stay in screen so i can follow it. How can get the window to show? In windows it's just like alt+tab the window but it's not working.

I'm using Google Chrome as my browser.

cheers

Incase this sounds confusing..

What i mean is:

I don't know if it's called like "floating window on top" or something. Should be SIMPLE....all i want is to have another window ON TOP of my fullscreen flash video.

It's really simple in windows, just alt+tab the right window to the top and u can see it. I cannot acces or tab ANYTHING when im watching fullscreen flash video and it's really annoying.

EDIT: Also im using OS X LION 10.7

2. kossibeibe thread starter macrumors newbie

I am not trying to break the bump rule but im getting a little frustraded for sure. Sorry!

Found this by googling:

http://infinite-labs.net/afloat/

Not sure yet if it works in Lion and it really does seem a bit clumsy. Is it REALLY possible that 3rd party software is needed to achieve this really simple task? All i want is a small browser window to stay on TOP. It could already be implented and i am stupid, that's fine but i wanna hear it now! :)

Also, how is this not discussed more. Cannot seem to find alot of discussion about it..

Someone might ask that why you want this? Well, let's say i have only 1 screen = i am using my Macbook Pro. Do i really have to exit the fullscreen flash video and use mission control or switch to the other window manually everytime TO SEE IT?