Browser with bookmark sidebar?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dennya, Sep 10, 2011.

1. dennya macrumors regular

dennya

Convinced my retiree dad to switch to an iMac when he said he wanted a sleek all-in-one computer to replace his desktop. He's transitioning well to the Mac OS, but he's got one usage habit I need to find a way to replicate.

Specifically, he keeps his bookmarks open in a column on the left of his web browser in IE and Firefox on the PC.

I assume Firefox also supports this on the Mac, right? What's the keypress -- apparently the Control-B keypress from the PC version doesn't toggle it on.

Do any other browsers support a bookmark sidebar on the Mac? Any way to set that up in Safari, Chrome, etc?

2. enxrat401, Sep 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2011

enxrat401 macrumors newbie

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....first of all, you may want to have a little look at the forum rules, thread "bumping" is frowned upon.

But, to actually help....in most cases keyboard shortcuts are made for things that can be found in the various menus of an application. In Firefox on a Mac, the bookmarks can be shown by selecting "view->sidebar->bookmarks" (or, command+b on the keyboard).

Alternatively, another browser like Omniweb has that function...oh yeah!

4. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

Firefox does have a bookmarks sidebar. Just press CMD-B. CMD replaces CTRL for most shortcuts.

5. dennya thread starter macrumors regular

dennya

Ah, thanks much, folks. (And sorry for the bump. :) Great stuff, I'll pass it on to my dad.