browsers browsers browsers....

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by happle, May 3, 2011.

1. happle macrumors 6502a

up until now i have liked safari and thought it has worked the smoothest on my mac. the only thing i disliked about it really was you cannot change the skins without going through a bunch of bs, same with itunes...

but anyways, recently one thing about safari has been really starting to **** me off lol. every time i type something in the url bar it auto brings up my bookmarks, in which i dont want certain people seeing when they use my computer...

i have tried to erase safaris autofill options and delete all the history files etc...but the only way i have found around this is to not use safari's bookmarks...but thats a pain in the balls...

does anyone have another solution?

or can anyone comment on a different browser? i like firefox but in my past experience it was a bit slower on my mac, seemed to chew up more memory, and actually run my cpu a tad hotter than safari. is the newer one still like this?

2. darrylthebest macrumors newbie

3. happle thread starter macrumors 6502a

how is it as far as security and features??

4. Young Spade macrumors 68020

You should definitely use Google Chrome. It's very lightweight, minimalistic, and amazingly fast. Just google search browser comparisons and you'll see that Chrome is consistently the fastest browser out of the bunch. I only have that installed on my computer and although I have tried Firefox and Safari, FF is only worth it if you use the extensive amount of add-ons (Chrome has a nice, growing set itself), and Safari was just too slow for me.

5. Dolorian macrumors 65816

Dolorian

I second the Google Chrome recommendation. Best browser on Mac or PC.

6. Young Spade macrumors 68020

With the recent release of Chrome Canary, you can run them both side by side. I now have Canary running as my main for average, every day things and use Chrome for school work and things of some importance. Canary is somewhat like Chromium but I "think" is even more bleeding-edge. The fact that you can run them both as separate programs is amazing.

7. tug macrumors 6502

firefox 4 for me, tried chrome, compared to firefox its !@£$%^&*. and as for safari, well nuff said. :cool:

8. happle thread starter macrumors 6502a

i dont like google. they tend to watch and collect everything you do. they even got into some trouble with the term agreements of chrome. i guess in the terms it stated that they can basically watch everything u do in chrome...

i just dont like feeding google with more user data then i have to...

i downloaded firefox and it seems to be running better than it did in the past. but still perhaps not quite as low consuming as safari was....

i use the fast dial addon, flashblock, and add block? any other recommended low consumption add ons?

9. Dolorian macrumors 65816

Dolorian

Thats nice, Im downloading Canary now :)