Browsers freezing and slow

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djinferno, Nov 18, 2012.

1. djinferno macrumors newbie

djinferno

I have a macbook pro 15 early 2011 model 2ghz i7 and i have upgraded to 8gb ram...my macbook is always connected wirelessly to the internet and i have tried ALL browsers. Safari 6.0.2, Google Chrome and Firefox and all suffer the same problem.. They all start to freeze and get very slow. I am constantly having to reload pages even when playing games on facebook... I have upgraded to mountain lion and it seems to have become worse... this is my first time with a mac and to be honest this is starting to sway me back to a pc.. it is not just sometimes it is doing it everytime..please help me fix this

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Put the old RAM back in and see if the issue goes away.

3. djinferno thread starter macrumors newbie

djinferno

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

How many tabs do you have open?

Have you tried installing flash block in chrome or Firefox, or click to flash in safari? Adobe flash content on the Mac is a HUGE resource hog, I pretty much don't use it.

5. djinferno thread starter macrumors newbie

djinferno

it can happen with one tab only.... and no i havent but i will give them a try

6. djinferno thread starter macrumors newbie

djinferno

still happening even just opening this page took forever and seem to freeze half way through loading

7. djinferno thread starter macrumors newbie

djinferno

I am also noticing that some applications are freezing as well... I am a dj and have the serato software and lately i get the program freezing and the little apple beachball for a good 30 sec to a minute

8. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Have you looked at activity monitor to see if you've got any processes using way too much CPU or RAM? if not, I'd run AHT to see if you're having a hardware issue.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1509

9. djinferno thread starter macrumors newbie

djinferno

i did hardware test it is all fine no problems .. I also verified permissions and verified disc and there were no issues... i just dont understand what could be causing it