Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Radular

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2021
Hi, I'm looking for a way (probably an app) to navigate a bunch of .html files locally on my iPhone (or in some cloud service), basically view a website that's stored on my iPhone, with functioning links and .css files.

I had envisioned either the Files app or the Dropbox app being able to do this, but not quite. Both can view individual .html files and apply the .css files with various levels of success, but neither can make the links between them work. Then I thought maybe Safari or a third-party browser might support something like file:/// on a Mac, but it seems not. I guess that might be the best way to describe what I'm looking for, a counterpart to file:/// in browsers on a Mac.

So, is there a way to do this? Preferably with a somewhat easy way to update/edit the files from my M1 Mac aswell.

And yes, I'm aware that I could set up a server to store the files at etc. But before I settle for that, I'd like to make sure I'm not missing any obvious solutions to do it locally.

I hope I expressed myself clearly enough. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Radular

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2021
Not sure if Documents by Readdle does this?
Thanks for the suggestion! However, it too can't handle clicking links. For example, if I open A.html and click a link to B.html it displays a warning that it can't open A.html (yes, not B.html). Also, it doesn't handle CSS files quite alright.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.