Browsing iTunes Store, Podcasts & iTunes U

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by phillytim, Sep 14, 2012.

1. phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

I'm considering an AppleTV.

Can you browse the iTunes Store to buy or sample items while using the Apple TV?

How about Podcasts or iTunes U...can you browse for, and watch, podcasts or iTunes U material while using the Apple TV?

Thanks!

2. phillytim thread starter macrumors 6502a

phillytim

Is this really such a difficult question(s) to answer????

3. SpinalTap macrumors regular

SpinalTap

There are movie previews on the ATV, so you can try before you rent or buy.

I watch various video podcasts on my ATV (audio podcasts are also available).

Unfortunately, iTunes U is not a predominant feature on the ATV - you would have to hunt around for the relevant video podcast instead.

4. phillytim thread starter macrumors 6502a

phillytim

Thanks so much, SpinalTap; I appreciate the moment you took for the info!

5. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

One word of warning, perhaps, on the AppleTV.

I'm having issues with it stalling for buffering a lot. Like practically every movie or bit of content streaming off my Mac Pro or iMac, and doing it several times during a showing. Having a gigabit network with next to nothing on it, I wouldn't expect to have so many issues.

Sometimes a restart of the AppleTV fixes the issue, and other times it gets so bad that once it actually had the spiky ball for over 10 minutes.

These aren't the newer version, but I'm less inclined to think about getting the new version without there being some kind of fix for the ones I already have.

I tried to watch a movie during a party and it stuttered and cached at several points in the movie and a few people said that they had tried the AppleTV and gave it up for the 'issues'...

Just can't understand why I'm having so many issues...

=================

And why did this OLD thread pop up?

Odd...

The poor guy is probably long gone and watching stuff on his AppleTV.

Sorry folks... ZOMBIE THREAD!

6. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

From where I sit, looks like it popped up because you made a post to it. ;) But maybe there was some spam that got deleted or something?

I have the new Apple TV and have never seen an issue like you describe with stalling/buffering. But have you seen this thread? http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1718030