Browsing macrumor

fel10

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2010
Woodstock, GA USA
If you bought an iPad just to browse and leave comments on a forum you either have so much money that you don't know what to do with it or you need help, or maybe both.

TB07-NJ

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
If you bought an iPad just to browse and leave comments on a forum you either have so much money that you don't know what to do with it or you need help, or maybe both.
That's a silly statement. I bought an iPad mainly for web browsing and email and I certainly DO NOT "have so much money I don't know what to do with it." Some people go to bars and spend $30 on beers & drinking at least once a week and could buy 2 iPads in a year with the money they spend. Some people spend $120/week on cigarettes. Who are you to judge how people spend their money? I place your age at around 15.

Billydelp4

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2008
That's a silly statement. I bought an iPad mainly for web browsing and email and I certainly DO NOT "have so much money I don't know what to do with it." Some people go to bars and spend $30 on beers & drinking at least once a week and could buy 2 iPads in a year with the money they spend. Some people spend $120/week on cigarettes. Who are you to judge how people spend their money? I place your age at around 15.
That's a lot of cigarettes.

seadragon

Contributor
Mar 10, 2009
I use my iPad (currently the original one) to do the following:

- surf the net (both at home and on the train to work)
- email
- control my Apple TV
- control iTunes for Air Play
- play games
- look at photos
- read books
- track to dos
- take notes at work

I get quite a bit of use out of it. :)

Last edited:

MykullMyerz

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2006
Washington, D.C.
+1 while the sole use of my iPad isn't to browse and post on MacRumors, it is a big part of it. I love this place, I learn so much about not only Apple devices but technology in general.

ObsidianBlade

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
Who are you to place someone's age? I agree with everything else you said until that point. It always irked me when people pulled that kind of crap, especially when I was younger. There's no age limit for stupid statements. Not trying to start something with you, but just throwing that out there.

ObsidianBlade

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
I also use Tapatalk. I actually like it better than browsing the forums on my computer.
I don't think it's worth spending the $4.99 if you can just as easily browse the forums on the full site. If it was the iPhone/iPod Touch we were talking about, it might be another story. But even then I used to just browse normally.

Just my 2 cents of course.

LanEvo

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
NorCal
I am on my pad typing this right now. This has become my laptop replacement for when I am on campus. For me it is not the issue of what it does, well a big part is. But it is portable that is the big factor, you can take it anywhere without taking up much space.

Last edited:

fel10

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2010
Woodstock, GA USA

I think you misunderstood what I said. It's ok if you got your iPad just for browsing the internet and do email. But the OP made it seem like he only got an iPad to browse Macrumors. I don't know if the OP was trying to be silly or something, it just seemed ridiculous to me.

TB07-NJ

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
that's still a lot of smokes
2 packs a day, high but certainly not unusual. Which is why I stopped over 45 years ago, the day my wife became pregnant with our first child. Back then it was 24cents a pack. Now in some places in NYC it's over $12 a pack, average $11. 2 pack a day habit is not uncommon. Do the math. Do you watch Madmen?

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown
2 packs a day, high but certainly not unusual. Which is why I stopped over 45 years ago, the day my wife became pregnant with our first child. Back then it was 24cents a pack. Now in some places in NYC it's over $12 a pack, average $11. 2 pack a day habit is not uncommon. Do the math. Do you watch Madmen?
sorry dude but a 2 pack a day habit is not very common ... of every smoker I know ... nobody smokes 2 packs a day

TB07-NJ

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
sorry dude but a 2 pack a day habit is not very common ... of every smoker I know ... nobody smokes 2 packs a day
Well "dude," if you were born in 1946 as I was and your friends started smoking back in the 1950's you might know a few. ;) Especially the war vets. That's Vietnam, not the Civil War.

Edit: I see you're from Canada so you wouldn't know any Vietnam war vets.

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown
Well "dude," if you were born in 1946 as I was and your friends started smoking back in the 1950's you might know a few. ;) Especially the war vets. That's Vietnam, not the Civil War.

Edit: I see you're from Canada so you wouldn't know any Vietnam war vets.
Back in 1950 ... 2 pack a day habits were common ... however in 2012 they are not ... amongst today's smokers ... 2 pack habits are rare ... I was born in 1964 and have known many War Vets ... my Family lives on both sides of the border

Jspring86

Suspended
Oct 7, 2011
Tempe, AZ
I pretty much use it to post on here, or as a drink coaster if I'm not using it to browse Macrumors. So far, feeling pretty good about the value I got for $700. :D

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
I pretty much use it to post on here, or as a drink coaster if I'm not using it to browse Macrumors. So far, feeling pretty good about the value I got for $700.
You people using the The New iPad to surf the web are pissing me off.

Use it the right way or don't use it at all.

BJ