browsing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thesweeps, Jul 29, 2010.

1. thesweeps macrumors member

So as I'm making the move to mac, (will have my mac pro Tuesday) I was curious to which is everyones prefered web browser with mac cause I've never used safari..how does safari rank with firefox and chrome? What do the majority of you guys use and really how is the overall web browssing experience on the macbook pro..?

2. Baral macrumors member

Opera.

Rarely mentioned in comparison to the big three (Safari, Firefox, Chrome) but coming from a person who's used all 4, I find it to be the best. Get it and you'll never look back.

3. Xombie11 macrumors regular

Chrome has always been my favorite browser (it's far better than Firefox) but due to GPU switching issues I've been forced to use Safari on my mbp--and I quite like it. It's certainly a lot better than IE is for Windows. And it's without a doubt the best optimized browser for OS X.

4. thesweeps thread starter macrumors member

Gpu switching issues? Sorry I'm a brand new mac user what do you mean by that? That its just made to work with mac better?

5. Xombie11 macrumors regular

Chrome uses your dedicated graphics card (Nvidia 320/330) rather than your integrated Intel graphics chipset far more often than Safari or Firefox(?). This results in a huge decrease in battery life from simply web surfing. Until Google sorts through these GPU-switching issues, stick to Safari. :)

6. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

Safari is fine for the pre-installed broswer, i use it as its clean and fast. Chrome and Firefox are also good.

they all eat up a bit of memory though if you leave them open, as all modern browsers do, but this isnt a worry as they are just giving good use to your free memory.