Brushed Aluminium iMacs = Thinner Enclosure

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by dingdongbubble, Jul 8, 2007.

1. dingdongbubble macrumors 6502a

I was just thinking about it, and I just thought that when Apple replaces the plastic enclosure for the aluminum ones, most prolly the enclosure will be thinner, stronger and will have better heat dissipation. Aluminum can easily be thinner as it is metal and it will be stronger and as it is a metal, the hea should conduct quickly, increasing the performance.

2. Cormier6083 macrumors regular

Cormier6083

True. I just can't wait 4 t3h n3w 1M@c5!!!!1shift1

3. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

The rumour that restarted all this aluminum iMac chatter suggested that they will actually be a little thicker (2") albeit with a somewhat smaller chin.

Well see. I just hope the new iMac doesn't continue Apple's recent commitment to green...at least in terms of the screen tint.

4. dingdongbubble thread starter macrumors 6502a

Right

I hope it turns out to be how I described it.

5. Boika macrumors regular

I don't agree with a brushed metal look for the imac, the way apple was going was, pro products where brushed metal (powermac and macbook pro) and consumer products where white plastic(macbook, imac) Now that the imacs will be brushed metal it doesn't seem to follow their usual pattern :confused:

6. Mr MacBlue macrumors newbie

Mr MacBlue

I just looked at the first page of our Apple Store. Only three out of nine Apple products have still got a plastic enclosure, including the iMac, MacBook and iPod. Whereas, iPod nano, iPod shuffle, MacPro :apple: TV, MacBook Pro, and Mac Mini share an aluminium enclosure.

Though I like the iMac's white plastic, I believe that the new iMac will have an aluminium enclosere. Whether it comes in various colours, like the iPod nano and shuffle, I don't know.

However, I remember that they advertised the current iMac as designed by the creators of iPod. Maybe the next iMac is designed by the creators of iPhone?

7. CBAviator macrumors 6502

Well, they MUST continue their committments to green somehow then. Apple was ranked as one of the worst companies in America for green practices.