Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shadow82x

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
New Jersey

teerexx52

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2005
Florida West Coast
I have an carbons on the bottom of my rMBP 13". It makes gripping the computer easier (bottom is not as slippery). Looks are not really an issue because I use it on the bottom and a BSE on the top. The carbons on the top covers the apple logo. My understanding is Apple made them stop using the cut out.

shadow82x

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
New Jersey
I have an carbons on the bottom of my rMBP 13". It makes gripping the computer easier (bottom is not as slippery). Looks are not really an issue because I use it on the bottom and a BSE on the top. The carbons on the top covers the apple logo. My understanding is Apple made them stop using the cut out.

So how would you describe the texture of it? I was thinking of getting it mainly on the bottom too, and possibly the top to keep the outside look uniform.

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
I have used the iCarbons "Titanium" and "Black Carbon Fiber" skins on Macbook Pro and Air computers (too bad they no longer offer the Apple logo cutout ... see my avatar). Not only does it protect from scratches and scrapes, but it definitely improves the "grip" to avoid dropping it. I find the bare aluminum a bit slippery at times, especially with the heavier and larger Pro notebooks.

shadow82x

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
New Jersey
I have used the iCarbons "Titanium" and "Black Carbon Fiber" skins on Macbook Pro and Air computers (too bad they no longer offer the Apple logo cutout ... see my avatar). Not only does it protect from scratches and scrapes, but it definitely improves the "grip" to avoid dropping it. I find the bare aluminum a bit slippery at times, especially with the heavier and larger Pro notebooks.

Awesome so it doesn't make it feel any cheaper? I never felt it was too slippery. I'm just not interested in getting those little nicks and scratches on the prime spots. (And want to increase resell value)

teerexx52

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2005
Florida West Coast
So how would you describe the texture of it? I was thinking of getting it mainly on the bottom too, and possibly the top to keep the outside look uniform.

It feel fine. Makes it much less slippery to pick up. I don't think it "cheapens" it in any way. As I said I don't have it on the top. On the top I have a BSE. Not sure if I would like it on the top or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.