Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Brushed/matt stainless steel

jmmo20

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
Hey,
So I was looking at a picture someone posted in the accessories subforos. It's an as watch with link bracelet strap. It just occurred to me. I'd love a as watch with the same matt finish as the strap itself.
I don't like shiny metals ;-)

Kebel21

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2015
Hey,
So I was looking at a picture someone posted in the accessories subforos. It's an as watch with link bracelet strap. It just occurred to me. I'd love a as watch with the same matt finish as the strap itself.
I don't like shiny metals ;-)

Did you try the brushed look using green scotchbrite pads? I'm interested in doing the same when my watch arrives.

Comment

Jack426

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2015
North Carolina
Am I the only one who thinks that someone who bought their watch just to smash/scratch/destroy it should try to give it a brushed look first? That way we know how it turns out. :D

Comment

primolabo

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2014
One of those crazy YouTube channels where they destroy watches should try it. Or someone rich.

anyone has tried it already? I don't have an apple watch yet but planning to try this trick. I hate mirror finish on SS. did that on my analog tisot miror SS watch once and it looked great - sapphire glass survived brushing with a nail buffer just fine. the finish was beautiful and not showing all these micro scratches from daily use...

Comment

primolabo

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2014
Buy the Sport. There you have your matte look. o_O

oh, no. matte aluminium looks nothing like brushed steel. and also feels differently. I really like brushed steel, I've had many analog watches in this finish, hope apple will make a brushed steel option among next generation watches...

Comment

Cowboy1629

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Indiana
oh, no. matte aluminium looks nothing like brushed steel. and also feels differently. I really like brushed steel, I've had many analog watches in this finish, hope apple will make a brushed steel option among next generation watches...

Now if they come out with a brushed steel in the next generation I might consider giving up my Space Black Stainless Steel but currently I just couldn't stand having I chrome looking watch on my wrist. Looks good on others just too shiny for me.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.