Brutalizing in Shadow of Mordor?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by jerwin, Aug 10, 2017.

1. jerwin macrumors 68000

One of the missions requires me to "brutalize the guard", but for the life of me, I cannot actually perform the move. (Yes, my ranger has developed the "skill")

I have an apple keyboard, and a logitech mouse-- the magic mouse being a step too far. When I press "left Alt", or the right mouse button, I just go into the shadow for a bit, as if I'm about to aim my bow. I'm holding down shift, so as to be stealthy.

I can't seem to go into that stabby stabby frenzy.

I've tried this in both bootcamp and macosx.

What's the trick? Besides using a gamepad, I mean.

2. Janichsan macrumors 65816

Janichsan

There should be a specific button prompt when you have snuck up to the guard to brutalise him. It's been a while since I played the game, so I can't remember which key it was.

3. Flint Ironstag macrumors 6502a

Flint Ironstag

This post made me LOL. If you don't write for a living, you should. British?

And yes, Logitech mice rule. I wore the teflon pads off my old one so many times...

4. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

I believe it's 'Left Shift' + 'Right Click'. You shouldn't go in to 'Shadow' mode you just need to go in to 'Stealth'.

5. jerwin thread starter macrumors 68000

It's probably just the Register rubbing off on me.

6. jerwin thread starter macrumors 68000

I found the answer. Deep inside the accessibilty control panel is a function to change the double click speed. I changed the value to something that the game expects, and now I can play the game as the designers intended. I'm not sure why it was changed in the first place, but...