Bryce Just Got The New Macbook :)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Bwilky, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Bwilky macrumors regular

WOOT! Finally, just got the new macbook. Free of issues. I got the 4 gb ram upgrade in the store. My experience was wonderful! FINALLY! All I can say is, I LOVE IT!

2. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

3. gibbz macrumors 68030

Awesome!!! I go this Friday to get mine in store. I can't wait. Enjoy!!

Out of curiosity, did you have to wait very long while they upgraded the RAM?

4. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

5. me2000 macrumors 6502

Mine is being delivered tomorrow..

So excited! First Mac ever. :)

6. dlamin517 macrumors 6502

Is there really any benefit to getting 4gb or ram. What do you do that you would need more than 2 for? just curious for myself

7. HoldFastHope macrumors 6502

Any big audio/graphics projects will benefit, but if it's just day to day use you won't probably wouldn't notice much difference except for shorter load times.

I had 4gb in my old MBP and I don't think I ever used all if it regularly. Certainly felt nice having it though :D

8. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

Glad that more people have perfect ones. I feel lucky to get some good ones, because lots of people have ones with issues. Hopefully Apple will get this problem settled.

9. Bwilky thread starter macrumors regular

Because it would be more expensive to replace it down the road. AND, it was only $150.00 more. But I do do quite a bit of video editing. I had the extra money and I thought it was a good idea at the time, and still do.

10. HoldFastHope macrumors 6502

I think the dead pixels, scratches, dents etc are legitimate gripes. Some people are being very picky, but that's their issue in the end.

I'm happy with mine, and I'm not about to spend 50% more than my budget for something that's overkill for my needs.