iPad Brydge Keyboard, Anyone used one?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Zav, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Zav macrumors member

What I've seen of these keyboards, they look really neat. Has anyone used one on here? The price tag is a bit hefty and I know a lot of people think using a keyboard with an iPad defeats the object, however the way this one looks could really be a different step. It was a kick-starter product and seems to have done really well. Shipping times are ridiculously long however.

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L57Lhj2ub-8

Site

http://thebrydge.com

2. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

Well good luck to them. They are expensive and backordered in a world where there are half a dozen in-stock alternatives that are much less expensive.

The speakers make it stand out from the alternatives, but then this reviewer actually says the iPad speakers are better anyway.

3. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

My zags folio is now collecting dust in my drawer. There are probably people with legitimate use for this, but I know from experience that I am not one of them.

4. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

I never understood the point of keyboards like that. It basically turns your iPad into a laptop. If I wanted a laptop I would just get a MBP.

5. toronado455 macrumors regular

toronado455

Just had a conversation with a former owner (she lost it and her iPad) who said it was the best iPad keyboard.

Is it really "full size". I don't understand how it could be.

6. Delta kilo macrumors newbie

Bad experience

Cannot speak for the product but thebrydge has the worst customer service ever. And that's why I can't comment on the product...customer service allowed it to get lost in the UPS jungle and would not cooperate in retrieving the item.

7. ikev85 macrumors member

I use my ipad with the logitech k811 keyboard. At work I'm on my ipad all day with it and switch the keyboard from my Mac to the ipad and back

The case looks cool but probably isn't worth the price. Get a stand case and an external keyboard

8. darngooddesign macrumors G3

While it's not for me, I do understand the point. It lets you use your iPad as a laptop when you want it to be a laptop, and an tablet when you don't. Its easier and lighter weight than carrying around a laptop and an iPad.

9. nStyle macrumors 65816

No....just no.....

I disagree. Its still an ipad, just with physical input vs virtual... Still no trackpad, still no OSX

10. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

I wouldn't mind having a really good keyboard case, but not one that tries to make the setup look like a real Apple laptop. This one just looks tacky.