BSE problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Aor26, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Aor26 macrumors member

Hello.
    Here's a letter i've sent to BSE, if u have any ideas how to help me, i'll really appreciate it:
    "
    Hello BestSkinsEver.
    Today I've recieved my order, Total Body with 1 Piece Back for iPhone 3G and 3GS.
    I made an application solution just like the tutorial on the site says, step by step.
    When I tried to apply the back skin on, it didn't get sticky within 10 minutes at all, so I was thinking I have putted to much soup in the application solution (even I putted just as much as the tutorial says).
    I took the back piece of the iPhone (as I said, it didn't get sticky yet so it didn't stretch at all) and putted more water in the solution.
    Then, I putted it into the application solution (with the addition of water) again.
    This time, it did get sticky after a while, but it all got somehow covered by dirts and so which didn't get of what ever I did: I tried to bowl it in the solution again, tried to wipe it off with my fingers (after getting them wet, ofcource) and so.
    Rightnow, after it got dirty, there is no way I can get it clean again so I can get it installed just fine.
    Is there anything I can do to fix the skin?
    Is there any chance to get a replacement back skin? (didn't install the front one yet, so I guess it'll be fine next time).

Thank you very much,
    *****."

Do you have any dieas what can I do?
    Is there anyway they'll actually send me another skin?
    Or I can fix the current one?

Thanks.

2. Confessions macrumors newbie

I think its just because reading that was a complete mind****, Dont
    Type.
    Like.
    This.

Spell check, grammar check.

3. Aor26 thread starter macrumors member

Can u please be more specific?
    I did notice some spelling mistakes, but anything else?

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Are serious? Where are you from?
    "I putted to much soup".
    PUT
    SOAP

You also hit return after every sentence. I'd send you a new skin just because is wonder if you were serious.

I think you would have been fine, patience is important here. However, if you let it dry now it's likely too late.

5. kelpi macrumors regular

kelpi

BSE will send you a replacement as their Customer Service rocks and they stand by their product. I've requested a replacement in the past and they sent one with no questions asked.

As for the skin itself, I recommend the following:

- A lot of patience
    - Wipe down the phone with a microfiber cloth.
    - Wash your hands thoroughly before handling.
    - Apply the skin in a bathroom after running a hot shower for 5 minutes

6. V4705 macrumors 6502

fumes can't cause corrosion inside the iphone ?

7. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Not sure what that means... Just sayin'.

OP: Applying these things is all about patience. If it doesn't get sticky after 10 minutes, wait another 10. Blowing on the edges helps a lot, too.

Just take your time with the next one. I've applied quite a few of these things and I can tell you that the mixture is definitely not an exact science. As long as you can slide the skin around after laying it on the phone, you've got enough. Don't use so much that it's pooling over your camera lens because you'll end up getting it somewhere that'll cause damage.