BSE Users - Gunk in corners?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ClemTiger0408, Aug 5, 2008.

1. ClemTiger0408 macrumors 6502

So I love the protection the BSE offers, but I find that the gunk and grime that can build up in the corners and any other exposed area can become quite gross. Any attempt to clean them yields me slightly peeling the skin.

How does everyone account for this buildup? Is there any way thats easy to clean into the crevices?

2. stevin macrumors regular

Yes! I have the same problem! I really am a big fan of BSE... if you check my other posts I'd almost think I was a an undercover BSE employee trying to peddle the product.. but I'm not.. just really happy with my skin.

I've also noticed gunk building up in the corners.... almost seems like the adhesive they use (if they use any). I've been using a nail to scratch it off and if i'm careful it doesn't peel up the skin at all... but when i first tried getting the gunk off i did notice the skin getting a bit loose at the edges.

I'm still happy with it.. but would like to know what others are doing to abate this this problem. for me its only happening on the edges... and mostly the corners... I have a 2 piece on my phone right now and the seam doesn't have any gunk on it.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yup, I found that to be a real problem, causing me to use a really sharp exacto knife to take a little bit of the InvisibleShield off, and not losing any of the adhesiveness or cutting up my iPhone. :eek:

4. HarryKeogh macrumors 6502a

I keep the iPhone with the skin on it in a leather case which I in turn keep in a lint-free pouch. I also find vacuuming my jeans pockets every few hours keep dust buildup to a minimum.

5. ClemTiger0408 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow, that seems way too extreme for me.