BSE vs. IS

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by MacDaddy08, Mar 25, 2011.

?

Best Skin Ever or Zagg Invisible Shield?

1. Best Skin Ever

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Zagg Invisible Shield

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Neither, I prefer something else

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. MacDaddy08 macrumors regular

MacDaddy08

While awaiting my iPad 2 arrival I'm researching how to protect it. I have Zagg Full Body Invisble Shields on both my iPhones and I even paid a little extra to have Best Buy do the installation. I already have had to replace them 3 times and I've had my iPhone less than 1 year, although I can probably be blamed for all 3 times. Since I paid for Best Buy to do the original install, I can take it back to Best Buy with the replacement IS and they do the install for free, and if they don't get it perfect they will install another one.

So I'm wondering this. It's $39.99 for the full body IS for the iPad and $13.99 for the BSE. It is worth spending the extra money on the IS to get a lifetime replacement warranty? Has anyone had to replace their BSE a few times? The price is tempting but I don't want o have to keep replacing it every couple of months.

2. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

3. MacDaddy08 thread starter macrumors regular

MacDaddy08

Is there a specific reason you prefer them? From looking at them I would be more likely to spend the extra $10 and get the lifetime warranty Zagg offers.

4. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

I prefer quality over a lifetime warranty. If you like feeling on an orange peel go with BSE or IS. If you want something similar to glass, then go with PhantomSkinz.

5. MacDaddy08 thread starter macrumors regular

MacDaddy08

Fair enough. I definitely understand quality over quantity. My IS on my iPhone doesn't feel rough or anything.

Do you have the regular clear skin or one of the chromatics?

6. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

I have regular and matte finish. I've tried all the different brands, but keep going back to PhantomSkinz. I used to be all bout BSE, but won't waste my money on anything else.

7. MacDaddy08 thread starter macrumors regular

MacDaddy08

How easy was the install to get perfect? Lining it up, air bubbles, etc.? Do you prefer the regular or matte?

8. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I love my JustStickIt skin. It's faux-leather and was easy to install and line up. Their website (uses eBay store) is HERE. They ship from Canada, but to US this is only a $0.45 Paypal currency conversion fee. Free shipping till the end of this month.

9. MacDaddy08 thread starter macrumors regular

MacDaddy08

Does it come with screen protector or just the back skin?

10. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Back only.