BSOD Issue on bootcamp on MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by trup522, Sep 3, 2009.

1. trup522 macrumors newbie

Has anyone ever had something like this happen? I have a 13" unibody MBP, and I installed XP on bootcamp. I installed civilization IV on XP and played it for a while. Booted back into OSX and used that for a while. Then I went back to XP and now everytime I try to start civilization IV I get a BSOD memory error on XP and it crashes. I'm going to go ahead and install Vista instead and hopefully I'll still be able to run Civ4 fine and not have it crash hard everytime I try to run it after booting between OSX and Vista.

Anyone ever have something like this happen before? I find it strange that it didn't start crashing until I booted into OSX then back to XP.

2. RKpro macrumors 6502

I had something similar happen to me while booting into Windows 7 beta, it just would not boot after working all day in OSX. I used the win7 install disk to repair, and it started to work again. Probably some boot files were damaged.

3. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

The majority of BSODs are related to bad memory. Do you have known good memory lying around? If so, try swapping it out to see if it corrects the problem.