BSOD on vista using bootcamp 1.4

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by latintrpt, Aug 22, 2007.

1. latintrpt macrumors member

Hi guys,
    I just installed windows vista ultimate 32-bit using bootcamp 1.4 yesterday. The installation process went smoothly. I used 15 GB for my partition. I created my drivers cd and used it after the vista install. I have a macbook pro, 2GB of RAM, 2.16 Ghz core 2 duo. The problem started today where i installed clone dvd 2 on vista because i wanted to mount an iso and burn it on to a cd in vista. It burned the cd fine but when i was just browsing on the web, i got a blue screen on death, preparing to dump memory. Everytime it reboots, it does the same thing. I can't even use the keyboard to chose a selection if i want to boot into safe mode or normal startup. After it does the automatic selection for me, it looks like it wants to startup and it blue screens again. The only other option i have is to just boot in OS X again. Any way to fix this without re-installing vista?
    Thanks

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

gross! Vista?

I'd say the only reliable way to fix something like that would be to either completely remove vista, or if you really have to reinstall. If there is no way you want to do a reinstall because you have important information on the vista side (which you shouldn't since boot camp is still in beta and that would be idiotic to do) then I would contact Microsoft, since, after all, it's just a machine running windows.