BSOD on Windows (occasionally)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by CatBookPro, Oct 29, 2016.

1. CatBookPro macrumors member

CatBookPro

Ok peeps... I've been running my rMB for well over a year now with Windows 10 Bootcamp'ed (no issues whatsoever)

Recently... after the 10.12.1 update, I've been getting the BSOD when resuming my MacBook from sleep (with a acpi.sys issue).

I've scoured the forums (in, and outside of MacRumors), and haven't found a solution.

Let me know if anyone has seen this... and, if you have any ideas / thoughts / etc. on this.

Sidebar: I wasn't sure if this was a rMB issue, or a "Windows on the Mac" issue, so I decided to pick this particular forum as a starting point.

Thanks in advance!

2. spacecadet610 macrumors 6502

I had the same problem. I ended up screwing up my bootcamp partition trying to fix it but now I can't reinstall windows on bootcam. Frustrated.

Seems to be a known issue with the latest OS update. If you can revert back to your prior OS before the .1 update you should be good.

Check out this thread:
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7721300

3. ivanwi11iams Contributor

ivanwi11iams

Sorry for the experience that the both of you are having. However, this is good news for me. This weekend I'd intended to run BootCamp and install Windows 10 or 8.

Alas, forget that. I'll stick with my two computers for now. What a headache...

4. CatBookPro thread starter macrumors member

CatBookPro

Thanks for finding this! I totally missed that thread in my search. I'm hoping to find a better solution than having to "nuke and pave" my entire system. I'll look more into that thread (and others) to see if it's possible without a clean setup...