BT antenna wire still labeled wrong.

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Toknee, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Toknee macrumors member

Just got a MP on 8/6, and just started using a BT KB and mouse.

Just as an FYI to those people just buying an MP, your wires might still be miss labeled.

There are 4 wires labeled inside the case: 1, 2, 3, BT.

2,3 are used for the Airport

1 should be the BT antenna

BT - WTF? who knows, it sure isn't the BT antenna.

The BT module was originally installed on the BT labled wire, BT mouse performance was horrible, skipping all over the place, bad tracking. Switched Wire to the one labled '1' and all is well.

Just wanted to post this as an update to any new MP buyers looking to add BT, or if the BT performance is crap.

2. ironic23 macrumors 6502

I thought Apple would've done something about these antenna cable mislabelings after over a year now.

But thanks for the update. So the next person who has problems with their BT reception, look at the antenna cable and switch it to the right one.

3. Toknee thread starter macrumors member

There are 4 wires total 1,2,3,BT.

I do not have an airport card.

As per previous discussions, BT is a known problem on this machine, due to the fact that the wires are mislabeled, or the antennas are wrong.

Leaving BT on BT labeled wire results in bad BT performance.

Changing to wire label 1 for BT fixes all BT issues with mouse.

Perhaps the BT labeled wire is the 3rd antenna for Pre-N?

Until a solid N spec is out, all this Pre-N stuff is crap to me.

4. macenforcer macrumors 65816

macenforcer

What are you talking about? It uses 2 wires. Quit spreading incorrect info.

5. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

My phone would only sync when it was literally sat on top of the casing. Since swapping the "1" and "BT" wire it now syncs from anywhere in the room.

6. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

That's weird.. I was vaguely aware of this mislabelling issue and when I opened the case a few days ago, wires 1 and 3 were connected to the Airport card and the BT wire was connected to the Bluetooth card. The wire labelled '2' was in behind the motherboard, and is really really hard to access, I'll need a long pair of pliers or tweezers to get it out.

Can someone confirm the exact configuration for these wires? 2 and 3 for Airport, 1 for the Bluetooth card and the BT wire unconnected?

(Oh, for what it's worth, my Mac Pro was bought a month or two after its original launch)

7. ironic23 macrumors 6502

That's what i use and my airport and bluetooth reception is awesome. Router is on the 1st floor and i'm on the 2nd. The cables are hidden behind the motherboard but it isn't too hard to get them from under there. Just be careful.

8. ^squirrel^ macrumors 6502a

^squirrel^

Hang on a sec, i'm really confused. :confused:

What wires should i swap over to improve my BT?

Thanks

Darren

9. ironic23 macrumors 6502

Well, from my experience, i've installed the cable labeled #1 to the BT module and cables labeled #2 and #3 on the APE module. It works great that way (for me and a couple of other people at least).

10. waremaster macrumors 6502

This is the proper way indeed. On my system I cannot move the BT wire it seems as if it is attached to something behind the motherboard. I will not try to pull it too hard as my systems BT and Airport work awesome.