BT Broadband (UK) and Macbook Pro wifi issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mais78, May 13, 2015.

1. Mais78 macrumors 6502

Is there anyone else outhere using this infamous combination (BT Home Hub 4 and Macbook Pro 2015)?

I just cannot connect my MBP to my home wifi network anymore :mad: . All the other devices connect just fine. I heard it has something to do with the 2.4Ghz/5ghz channels.

Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

I have BT Infinity Fibre Optic broadband with what I believe is a Home Hub 4 and just got my new early 2015 Retina MacBook Pro a couple of weeks ago. I've only connected a few times so far but have not had any issues.

3. ~~Hello~~ macrumors 6502

Ditch the BT Homehub. They are so bad! Had so many issues with the 2 that I owned.

Got a Netgear Nighthawk router now, and connected it up to the infinity modem, and I have had no issues since. No slow wireless speeds, everything runs smoothly. :D

4. Mais78 thread starter macrumors 6502

I just solved it by doing a PRAM reset. Thank God, i was getting crazy without wifi, now it is like breathing again

5. Mr.C, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015

Mr.C macrumors 601

You obviously have had some bad experiences but they can't all be bad as I've had mine for a couple of years and not had any issues. That said I would be interested in replacing the Home Hub if I could gain more features and control in the process.

Out of interest how easy it is to setup something like the Netgear Nighthawk and what are the steps to replace the Home Hub with it ?