BT headphones - a request for owners

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 537635, May 26, 2013.

1. 537635 macrumors 6502

I would have a short request for an owner of a bluetooth headset and an iOS device (as I don't have one at hand right now).

Please connect a BT headset AND a wired headphone at the same time. Start the music player.

1. Where does the sound (music) come from? BT headset, wired headset or both?

2. Click the BT headset to activate Siri. Where does the sound (SIri) come from? BT headset, wired headset or both?

Thanks in advance!

2. Izaiah macrumors regular

Izaiah

Ok, so to address #1: I tried this a few different ways and it seems as though the music player will play through whichever headphones were connected most recently.

If I plugged the wired set in and then connected the BT set, the music played through the BT set. If I connected the BT set and then plugged in the wired set, the music played through the wired set.

When I pushed the button to activate siri on my BT headphones, siri's noise always played through the BT set.

3. 537635 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. Not really the answer I was hoping for, but it'll have to do.

Just one more thing: what happens, if you push the button on the wired headphones (when both headphones are connected and music is playing through the wired headset). Where does the Siri "noise" come from? Can you command it via the BT headset?

4. Partridge macrumors 6502

I still say your best solution for answering calls during surgery is called your circulating nurse and speakerphone. You're just asking for trouble by having a headset in, since if it falls into the field you're basically screwed without any defense other than you really needed to check your voicemail privately.

The iPhone will route audio to the last connected device by default, or to the triggering device (just makes sense).

5. 537635 thread starter macrumors 6502

That makes complete sense and clarifies all the possible situations. Thank you.

As for the larger part of your reply. You have already issued your concerns in the other topic. You don't know the complete situation nor the environment. I wanted a technical debate and instead I got a bunch of moral preaching. What can I expect next? Bashing of some "ethic advocates", when I ask about what is iPhone 6 going to look like?! :)

6. Partridge macrumors 6502

Moral preaching? Hardly. More like risk management.

It's an odd request, that's all. I'm sure you could wire something up with enough effort. There are headphone extension cords that have the iPhone control module on them. Tap into the controls and run a long footswitch. Have the techs autoclave a sterile baggie for you and drop your phone in it so you can have it on the field. Put on a Bluetooth headset, stick the phone in a ziplock bag, put it on the floor, wear clogs and slip your foot out to press the home button with your toe. Lots of ideas.