BT headphones for exercise

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ring, Apr 28, 2012.

1. ring macrumors regular

Looking for affordable bluetooth headphones working with iPhone 4S iOS 5.. Going to be exercising quite a bit this summer and the wired headphones are a pain in the ass when using a jump rope or trampoline. I will mainly be doing podcasts and audiobooks; so I had a few questions.

- Will the single piece headphones (the kind that business douchebags use for making calls in public) work with audio on a non hacked and modified OS? Like I said, I don't /need/ 2 headphones *even though I would probably pick them up anyhow*

- What ones do you use? Do they have a returns policy (headphones tend to **** up around here)?
    - Do you buy them online or in store?

Sorry if this isn't the correct forum; I didn't know where else to put it.

2. Fynd macrumors 6502

3. Itzmemark macrumors member

I have the plantronics i use them about everyday with my itouch you can control everything with them volume change tracks pause ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335630310.830568.jpg

4. wadek macrumors newbie

5. Wingscofounder macrumors member

Hi, if you have a good pair of headphones now, you can use a Bluetooth adapter like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Ericsson-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headset/dp/B003DQ1DCM
    This allows you to use your existing headphones, plus it has an fm radio built in.
    I can't detect any loss in sound quality, and I use pretty good earphones.
    Look around and you might be able to find it cheaper on eBay or other places. I've been pretty happy with mine, although the volume slider can be temperamental.
    Good luck!

6. ring thread starter macrumors regular

The thing with that is, i don't want/it would be inconvenient to have a cord.