BT help with a Nokia phone and iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Morod, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

Hi all,
    I have a late 2007 Al iMac, running SL 10.6.2. I have a BT Mighty Mouse that works fine with it. I also have a Nokia phone #2720. The Nokia pairs with the iMac, but when I try to connect the two, they connect briefly, then disconnect. The phone displays the message, "Service not supported by other device".
    I assume BT is an open protocol, letting all BT devices communicate with each other. Is this correct?
    Any ideas why I cannot connect these together? I have photos on the phone I want to download to my iMac.
    Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated! :)
    Morod

2. Wheaty macrumors regular

Wheaty

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/nokia-multimedia-transfer#

Im only running a Wireless Keyboard and a Nokia E71 on OSX 10.5.8 and have no issues. I tend to use the Noki Manager rather than the Mac connection. Mainly because I dont tend to sync, but brows for the files I want.

I'm sure I'll work out how best to sync one day, but for the moment thats what I do.

Give it a go, hope it helps.

Wheaty

3. Morod thread starter macrumors 68000

Morod

Thank you for the link, Wheaty!
    I d/led the app and will give it a try when my wife gets home with the phone. Thanks again. :)
    Morod

4. Morod thread starter macrumors 68000

Morod

Aaaargh!

The model of my Nokia phone, 2720, is not supported by that app. I guess I'll keep trying. Thanks anyway!