BT keyboard causing iPad to respring?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by APlotdevice, Sep 25, 2012.

1. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

So I just recently acquired a BT keyboard for my iPad. It generally works perfectly, except that now on two separate occasions my iPad has decided to respring when I wake the keyboard. My iPad is a first generation running iOS 5.1 and is not currently jailbroken (restored as a new device). Has anyone seen or heard of a problem like this? If so are you aware of any solution?

2. Ashwood11, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012

Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Did you purchase a model available from the Apple Store?

3. APlotdevice thread starter macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

No, I bought the AmazonBasics iPad keyboard from Amazon.com. But would the make and model of keyboard be enough to cause the iPad to glitch like this?

4. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

If it was a model offered on the Apple Store it would most certainly work. If not, you would be taking a chance. There has been other threads that indicated the keyboard they purchased did not work properly.

5. APlotdevice thread starter macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

I have seen those threads, but they are generally talking about the keyboard not connecting or keys not functioning. This keyboard has had neither of those problems. It's just that occasionally... not always... when it reconnects the iPad itself decides to bug out. Showing the spinning icon for a few seconds and then returning to the home screen.