BT Keyboard/Trackpad Battery Life

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kristenp, Aug 6, 2014.

1. kristenp macrumors newbie

Hi. I have both the bluetooth keyboard and magic trackpad connected to a Macbook Pro 2013 15".

How long does the battery life of the trackpad last for everyone? I use eneloop batteries for both devices. The life of the keyboard seems fine but the trackpad seems to drain about 5-10% a day even though I don't constantly use it. I also have a regular USB mouse plugged in which is what I use 90% of the time. I use the trackpad for the occasional gesture.

I also have a weird issue with Mavericks. It seems to report battery life kind of oddly for bluetooth devices. For instance, it could say 50% battery life left but if I power off the device and power it back on, it will then report a higher percentage. Let's say... about 15-20% higher. Does anyone else see this happen?

Thanks for any replies! :)

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Yeah, my keyboard still says 100% and I've been using it for a month now. I don't get that. :confused: I'm using the batteries that came with it still.

I don't have a Apple made trackpad.

3. madsci954 macrumors 68030

I've used the keyboard, trackpad, and magic mouse before, and from my experience, the keyboard lasts longer than the trackpad or mouse. I use Eneloops for both my devices now and change them out when needed.

What sucks though is even with freshly charged batteries, my trackpad says 89% and the keyboard is 100%. I looked into the issue and found that they read battery life based on the voltage, and Eneloops run at a slightly lower voltage than regular non-rechargeable batteries.