BT Mice: Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Arkanok, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

Hey everyone,

I've had a MBP since about July 2007--love it--and I've been using just a standard Microsoft wired optical mouse when I don't want to use the trackpad. Lately however, I've been feeling the urge to buy a new mouse that is both Bluetooth, as well as laser, for a few reasons:
    1. To free up a usb port
    2. To make it easier to travel, with less wires
    So I've been doing some looking around, and knowing that Logitech usually makes good products, I looked there first. Sadly, it seems as if they only really have one BT mouse, the V470, which I've seen, but noticed that since it is a notebook mouse, it's a bit small.
    [​IMG]
    Next, the other mouse I've been looking into is the Apple Wireless Mighty Mouse. The only problem with it is, first off, I've heard bad things about the scroll wheel malfunctioning, as well becoming less responsive. Secondly, I've heard that right clicking is a pain in the butt, as you have to lift your index finger up and off the left button to be able to right click. Now, I'm not really planning on using either of the mice for gaming or anything, in fact, I don't do much gaming on computers. It's just mostly for the everyday usage stuff.

So I guess what I'm getting at is, has anybody had experience with either, or both of these mice? Is the wireless mighty mouse as bad as I've been hearing? I'm just curious as to the overall quality and functionality of both, and whether either one of them is worth my time and money. Worst comes to worst, I could always just continue to use non wireless mice.

2. darwinian macrumors 6502a

darwinian

I've never used the Logitech, but I do think that small mice are acquired tastes. I cannot use 'em.

I've been using an Apple BT mouse for years, and I love the thing. I did have to get use to clicking properly, but it's not exactly hard to adapt, save the stubborn. The scroll wheel is wonderful in the sense that it's as nice for horizontal scrolling as it is for vertical. It is finicky from time to time and requires some cleaning, which is annoying. Battery life really is not an issue for me, since I cannot even remember the last time I changed my rechargeable AAs.

3. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

I have a Mighty Mouse and I think it's great! I've set the scroll wheel up to act as a 'right click' and it suits me perfectly.

Just remember that people predominantly use media to complain about things rather than praise then. For all those that have voiced their concerns about a product I'm sure that a vast 'silent' majority exists that have no issues with that product but feel no need to jump onto the internet to yell and scream about it.

I've always used a Logitech on my PC but that's a wired one so I can't offer you any advice on the Bluetooth models I'm afraid.

4. Arkanok thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

You're right, I mean, I know most people go online to bash products when they are having problems, but it just seems that lots of the problems were more than most other mice. I guess I just don't want to pay $80 for something that won't last long.

5. pbbaker123 macrumors regular

I am one of those "have to try every mouse out there" and I think I have at one time or another, but the mouse I have used most often is the wireless MM since it came out several years ago. I find that I keep going back to it and for the last year have used it exclusively with my white MB. When my old one quite scrolling, the Apple store replaced it, and this new one has been great. No problems with the BT unpairing on me. I would vote for the wireless MM. BT 360 scroll. It beats that guy that always has a way old desktop mouse with 20 feet of cord rolled up behind his notebook. Don't want to be that guy.