BT Mighty Mouse in Boot Camp not working

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by coledog, Oct 24, 2008.

1. coledog macrumors 6502a

coledog

Alright, I have one of the new MBPs (Late 2008) and I have Boot Camp utilized with XP. (Strictly for games)

I had a Mighty Mouse (aka MM) from a Powermac G5 that I had been using with the OSX and XP sides, it was working perfectly!:D

Now with the new MBP, in Boot Camp, the bluetooth configuration utility sees the MM and adds it, but it doesn't work...no cursor movement, plenty of cursing however.:mad:

The MM just goes to sleep like it doesn't see the computer from its side! I had this working great a week ago and now with a new comp nothing wants to work. Are there some hidden drivers somewhere, some setting I somehow managed to set up previously?:confused:

In any case...any help or agreement would be appreciated. I'll be calling Applecare tomorrow afternoon but I prefer all of you even to :apple:

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Same problem here. In fact I've tried two different bluetooth mice and neither will pair in Windows. In fact I have difficulty pairing them in OS X.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to suck it up and go see a genius.