BT Mighty Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ryannel2003, Jun 23, 2008.

1. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

Hey everyone. Just picked up a Bluetooth Mighty Mouse and have it connected to my MacBook. Working great so far except for one little issue i've run into. I've had the mouse now for 4 hours and when I first got it, simply took it out the box and connected it to the MB and it ran fine. However, after 2 hours I noticed the cursor had stopped moving. I took out the batteries and put them back in and still no luck. Turned off Bluetooth and reconnected mouse several times with no luck at all.

However, I noticed I could still click the buttons and the ball in the middle. I took a magazine and placed it underneath and it started working fine. So here is my question: Why was it working fine before, and now it needs a magazine to even move? My desk surface isn't that rough, but it isn't super smooth like a magazine. I also tried my old Dell mousepad and that didn't work either. Again, not super smooth like my magazine. Had a wired MM for 2 years with none of these issues.

Thanks!

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

Have you checked the little window for smudges?
    a little texture is normally better, it gives the mouse something to see to judge movement, that's why they don't work well on glass tables.

3. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

Maybe you should take out the ball and clean it. Haha, just kidding. Try cleaning the visor under the mouse with alcohol or iKlear, if you have.

4. ryannel2003 thread starter macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

Thanks for the replies! Turns out, the mouse died right after I posted this. Now the cursor doesn't move at all, but you can still scroll and click. Called Apple and they are sending replacement. :)

5. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

When I got a replacement from them, it took one day instead of a week like they promised! Good luck! They send you a box to send it back in. Very seamless.

6. gwsat macrumors 68000

gwsat

I have had a Logitech V270 Bluetooth mouse for two years but gave up on it some time ago. It works but I don’t like the lag its being wireless introduces into cursor movements. All things considered, I have been a lot happier since I replaced it with a simple, and cheap, Logitech LX3 USB Optical Mouse.