BT mouse breaks ext keyboard

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by 8CoreWhore, Feb 6, 2011.

1. 8CoreWhore, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011

8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

Anyone else have this issue? I have the greenpoison jb, installed btstack for mouse, I had both my apple magic trackpad and apple keyboard working several times with no problems. Then today, I can only pair one or the other. If I have Bluetooth on and keyboard paired, mouse doesn't want to connect. If I connect the mouse first keyboard can't connect... And settings is showing bt as off even though btstack and mouse are using it. any clue? I tried rebooting, I tried reinstalling btmouse.

EDIT
    I'm thinking about it and I can't be positive I had both working together before. I was lounging in bed and not really using the two devices... So maybe I just thought they worked simultaneously.

EDIT Ok... Reading the info on BTSTACK Keyboard... It says btstack and apples bt can't work together. So if you want to a keyboard and mouse simultaneously you should get the free mouse support plus pay 5 bucks US for keyboard support.

I hope this thread at least helps someone else with this question. : )

If I buy btstack keyboard, will the soft keyboard be up when using ext keyboard?

2. a042349 macrumors member

I just bought the BT Keyboard app to go with my BT Mouse and although you can have both on at the same time, the onscreen kybd does keep popping up.

Also both devices seem really flaky. If I shut down without disconnecting them, they don't re-connect properly.

Still messing around, and hoping they keep developing them to fix bugs and add features (like hiding onscreen kybd for one!)

:)

3. 8CoreWhore, Feb 10, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2011

8CoreWhore thread starter macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

I have to say I'm really disapointed in both of these. There is enough lag to make it unusable. Move the mouse and the arrow delaysn then stutters across the page. Horrible. Might as well reach out with my finger.

The keyboard is the same (using BTstack Keyboard, not Apple's own support). Hit a few keys and nothing happens for awhile, then suddenly several chatacters appear, sometimes doubling on certain letters that I only pressed once.

Also, it takes several tries before I can get them paired. Infuriating. I'm half way through my coffee by then. Ugh.

I'm uninstalling both and just sticking to Apple's own BT support for the keyboard. :(

EDIT: I should point out the iPad is JB with GP and RS and is 4.2.1

4. celo48 macrumors 6502a

Any updates on the usability got better after/if BT upgrades?

5. 8CoreWhore thread starter macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

Well, I returned the Keyboard and mouse, and sold the iPad... and bought a 2011 MBP.... so I don't know.

6. mrlowkey macrumors member

No problem here using command+tab on apple bt kb to minimize onscreen kb...great setup using apple bt kb+ magic mouse...i finally got the pt of using the mouse...rt click via activator allows me to launch app without the need to leave the present app..time saver imho.. Btw mighty mouse works very well & stable too..best part the middle clicker can be customized for fast scrolling..quite cool to have...

I also checked out other bt mouse like logitech, microsoft...they have silly issues maybe HID compatibility ones like drifting cursor, calibration etc...but i am sticking with magic mouse/ mighty mouse...excellent with the iPad..of course to be used simultaneously with the Apple wireless bt kb ( again other brands needed to be paired in settings, apple kb doesnt have to...)

In case you interested, i have a 10sec video..go to www.tout.com/ type in #lowkey in the search box on the upper right...it lists all my videos...look for Clip009. iPad+Apple BT KB+Magic Mouse...