BT mouse without jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nightlong, Oct 8, 2012.

1. nightlong macrumors 6502a

nightlong

I'd like to be able to use Bluetooth mouse with my BT Apple keyboard on my ipad2, running IOS6, and on the next iPad I'll get, either spec bumped ipad3 or iPad 4, without jailbreak.

Is there any way yet? If not, why doesn't apple add this function? Likely in IOS6 updates?

I'm not a programmer, I don't think I know enough to go into jailbreak environment.

Thanks.

2. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Jailbreaking isn't hard. You just need to look up stuff to make sure what you're doing. But as far as I know there is no iOS 6 jailbreak yet.

3. nightlong thread starter macrumors 6502a

nightlong

I saw a video on a thread here of how to set this up, and read some information about jail breaking ... It said that apps in that domain aren't protected as in the Apple system, and you need to be vigilant as in the PC world ... That's what made me think I don't know enough as I've always had Macs and don't know the so-called dark side. And would prefer to remain blissfully uninvolved in it!

Presumably OS6 will be jail broken (I thought I read here somewhere that it already was) .. So would appreciate some advice from people experieced with this ....

Does it cause problems with Apple-regulated apps?

If I've understood what I've read, you download an application that is a sort of platform for running things such as BT Mouse?

So it is changing the OS?