BT Openzone prob OSX specific

Discussion in 'macOS' started by drummerlondonw3, Jul 7, 2009.

1. drummerlondonw3 macrumors 6502a

drummerlondonw3

Hi all,

I am a BT Total broadband customer and as such I am entitled to free (as if there was ever such a thing) BT Openzone mins.

The problem I have is I can contact when I use bootcamp for Vista but I cannot get through to log on page in OSX.

Just to clarify, I am in a strong signal, I can get the ip address, the DNS servers are correct and present but I simply cannot get onto the log on page. I.e. when I open a page or try www.btopenzone.com I get the usual cannot get page. I have also tried this in Firefox.

Lastly, I have tried all the various restarts, resetting safari, entered a new location in system prefs etc.

N>B I have a dongle (t-mobile) that connects through launch2net but this doesn't seem to change any of the network prefs settings. Obviously this isn't on when I am trying to connect etc

Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to help and sorry for the long post.

David

2. dylanbrown macrumors 6502

Hey there,

I am also a BT Total Broadband customer, and am also entitled to unlimited minutes at BT Openzone and BT FON hotspots.

It works fine for me, and I've had no problems with it. The only thing I do know is that you have to sign-up for the BT FON service before you can use your minutes - but if you are able to access the Openzone service through Windows, you are obviously subscribed.

I don't know what to suggest, but this might work - try installing User Agent Switcher in Firefox, or in Safari enable the Develop Menu bar (In Preferences). Set it to Internet Explorer for Windows, and see if you can gain access.

3. drummerlondonw3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

drummerlondonw3

Hi Dylan,

Thanks for the help but unfortunately it hasn't worked. Does anyone else have an idea what the problem could be?

It seems to be something suppressing the signal from the hot-spot to open a new connection

D

4. Cerebrus' Maw macrumors 6502

Is your Firewall turned on?

5. drummerlondonw3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

drummerlondonw3

sorry for the late reply didn't see anyone had got back to it, everything turned off etc. BT have confirmed that the mac address is connected and I am getting a full strength connection it's simply that I do not get the auto generated BT log in screen. Btw if I switch back to Vista on bootcamp the screen appears so it must be a software thing not a hardware

Hope anyone can help as I am stumped

D