Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macmedal

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2008
Britannia
I am using Yahoo Push which works under Btinternet.

Apart from the fact that sometimes the 'push' doesn't seem to work too well, and that fetch seems to be the way mail is delivered, I have noticed that emails which are pushed to my iPhone also seem to disappear.

This seems to happen when I log on to my email account through entourage and download copies of my btinternet (yahoo) mail off of the server. My account is set up to remove the copies of the email from the server when it downloads it through the POP account. When the email is downloaded/removed from the server it also simultaneously removes the pushed email from my iPhone. How can I prevent pushed emails being removed from my iPhone without leaving loads of mail on my server ?

macmedal

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2008
Britannia
Today I went the whole day with no messages pushed by yahoo. I checked my iPhone this evening and received several emails on my account that had been sent through out the day. How can this be push when it is acting like fetch ? Is it a yahoo problem or an iPhone problem ??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.