BTO Air with ML?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by nightlong, Jul 29, 2012.

1. nightlong macrumors 6502a

nightlong

Has anyone received a BTO Air yet that comes with ML already installed?

2. GREEN4U macrumors 6502a

Been prowling these forums hardcore for the past 48 hrs and I have not seen anyone who has. Most of us are waiting for our orders. I will post my results after I get mine (Aug 3-7).

3. msullivanxi macrumors newbie

seeing as all the computers on their website have the ML wallpaper its safe to assume you will be getting it will ML preinstalled if you BTO and if no who cares you can get a free copy with the uptodate program

Attached Files:

4. nightlong thread starter macrumors 6502a

nightlong

I've been prowling too, and eagerly await post of your result. a lot who have upgraded or done clean installs report no problems but many do, and I live 600km away from the nearest Genius Bar,only a fingertip away from so many experts on this forum of course. But I'd prefer not to deal with install drama, I want out of the box instant gratification,so would appreciate very much hearing when people get their shiny new MBA 13 BTO, from anywhere but especially Australia, and if it's as hassle free as I hope my purchase will be.
    Thanks.

5. GREEN4U macrumors 6502a

I know exactly how you feel. I want everything to work out of the box too. The only reason I "rushed" to order it, was because I realized time was running out. I leave for school on Aug. 9.

People here have been telling me that if it doesn't ship with ML, then the simple upgrade will be fine for me because I won't have anything on my computer yet. Indeed, I would install ML right after opening the box.

Also, remember that on macrumors, you'll see a disproportionate number of people reporting issues. Therefore, there's a good chance that you (we) will be fine. Crossing fingers though.

6. nightlong thread starter macrumors 6502a

nightlong

I think it would be likely to come with ML now, but then I read somewhere here about there being a stockpile of BTOs somewhere in China that still might have Lion no matter what it says in apple store!

7. GREEN4U macrumors 6502a

It actually doesn't say anything in the Apple Store. It only says "OS X" and on purpose too, as to not promise the customer either Lion or ML because even Apple Reps don't know which we will get right now.

8. msullivanxi macrumors newbie

:( maybe you should just wait a few days if you dont need it right away.

I did the up to date and it went smoothly download took 30 min and no hiccups during or after the install

9. nightlong thread starter macrumors 6502a

nightlong

Yes. Will wait a bit more. What Internet speed do you have to get this download time? ML is 4gb, isn't it?

10. nightlong thread starter macrumors 6502a

nightlong

Would appreciate update on if BTO MacBook Air 13 is coming with ML already installed? And, if so, how is yr out of box user experience?

11. seared.ahi macrumors regular

seared.ahi

My BTO Air came on Monday Aug 6 and had Mountain Lion! They are all ML now. :D

12. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

Mine arrived today, ordered last week, had ML.

13. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

I ordered mine on the third and it came on the seventh with ML installed.

14. mba123 macrumors newbie

15. nightlong thread starter macrumors 6502a

nightlong

Thanks for the update, hope you are all enjoying yr new computer creatures. No problems?

16. rezinous macrumors member

Holding out as well for preinstalled ML, can't be bothered updating.

17. wolfpuppies3 macrumors 6502

Received my 13" MBA on July 17

With Lion preinstalled. Regret having upgraded to ML as that is the quickest way anyone knows to reduce your battery life 38%. Not to mention no longer being able to use Adobe Photoshop Elements and a few other programs.

18. nightlong thread starter macrumors 6502a

nightlong

Arrgh, battery drain ... Apple supposedly working on a fix for that. Annoying about Elements, I use that too. Which is why I've still got 3 OS generations in use, for software I either can't or don't want to update. Gradually Turning my not huge office unto a mac museum, which doesn't sit well with my love of minimalism!