BTO iMac - how long (on average) to ship

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Bill Av, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Bill Av macrumors member

I pulled the trigger after no new iMac was announced at WWDC. It had said 4-5 days till shipping. After I placed the order, the delivery estimate was two weeks (June 17). Now that I've read that a new iMac may be announced next week, I'm hoping that the increased time might be due to a refresh, and that my iMac may be part of the first shipment. When I get an email, I now hope that it's not from Apple telling me that my computer is ready for pickup. So, is a two week wait normal for an iMac?

2. Jingleballz macrumors newbie

Cancel your order and place it next week when they have the new ones up for order. Why bother.

3. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Yeah, I agree. Hold off and see what happens.

4. colodane macrumors 6502a

colodane

Yes, two weeks is not normal this late in the product cycle. Typically just a few days.

5. Bill Av thread starter macrumors member

I'll probably kick myself next week, but I'm not going to cancel. I've been delaying the purchase for awhile - since Tim Cook hinted about the new Mac Pro two years ago. I really wanted TB2, but it seems like it won't catch on as a consumer product, anyway

6. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

Well, if it's true whatever update is actually coming next week, that means they would already be building the stock iMacs to be shipped out to stores to be available that day they're released next week, so maybe yours is in the bto lineup as the updated one - we'll see.

7. Georgio macrumors 6502

Georgio

Last time I updated, I ordered and received the Mac within 5 days, great I thought. Then the new Mac was announced a week later, **** I thought.
    Luckily the 'new' Mac developed a fault so I returned it, waited a month until I was sure of receiving a 'newer' Mac then re-ordered...:D

8. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

No worries then. Your new iMac will work just fine and you will enjoy it anyway. :)