BTO iMac - how long (on average) to ship

Bill Av

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
I pulled the trigger after no new iMac was announced at WWDC. It had said 4-5 days till shipping. After I placed the order, the delivery estimate was two weeks (June 17). Now that I've read that a new iMac may be announced next week, I'm hoping that the increased time might be due to a refresh, and that my iMac may be part of the first shipment. When I get an email, I now hope that it's not from Apple telling me that my computer is ready for pickup. So, is a two week wait normal for an iMac?

Jingleballz

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
I pulled the trigger after no new iMac was announced at WWDC. It had said 4-5 days till shipping. After I placed the order, the delivery estimate was two weeks (June 17). Now that I've read that a new iMac may be announced next week, I'm hoping that the increased time might be due to a refresh, and that my iMac may be part of the first shipment. When I get an email, I now hope that it's not from Apple telling me that my computer is ready for pickup. So, is a two week wait normal for an iMac?
Cancel your order and place it next week when they have the new ones up for order. Why bother.

Bill Av

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2006
I'll probably kick myself next week, but I'm not going to cancel. I've been delaying the purchase for awhile - since Tim Cook hinted about the new Mac Pro two years ago. I really wanted TB2, but it seems like it won't catch on as a consumer product, anyway

Nismo73

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2013
I'll probably kick myself next week, but I'm not going to cancel. I've been delaying the purchase for awhile - since Tim Cook hinted about the new Mac Pro two years ago. I really wanted TB2, but it seems like it won't catch on as a consumer product, anyway
Well, if it's true whatever update is actually coming next week, that means they would already be building the stock iMacs to be shipped out to stores to be available that day they're released next week, so maybe yours is in the bto lineup as the updated one - we'll see.

Georgio

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2008
Essex, UK
Last time I updated, I ordered and received the Mac within 5 days, great I thought. Then the new Mac was announced a week later, **** I thought.
Luckily the 'new' Mac developed a fault so I returned it, waited a month until I was sure of receiving a 'newer' Mac then re-ordered...:D

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
No worries then. Your new iMac will work just fine and you will enjoy it anyway. :)