BTO iMac questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by 204467, Jul 15, 2008.

1. 204467 macrumors 6502a

Well, if anyone here read my first thread, I said I was getting an iMac soon, and I would like the wireless Mighty Mouse. Chances are good I will be ordering from the online store, but there is a chance I will be getting one in an actual Apple Store (which would be cool, because then I could look at all the Apple products in person, since I've never been in an Apple Store). Anyway, here's my question; can I get an iMac with the bluetooth MM as a BTO option, or would I have to buy it in a box? Ideally, I would like it as a BTO option, since it would only cost $20. One poster told me that a bluetooth MM was not available as a BTO in store, in which case I will either have to suffer without one, or just use the online store. I'd like to know as much about this future purchase as possible, so my father is as calm as possible (I think he has anger issues he won't admit to;you should have seen him yesterday cleaning out my uncle's aparment). Anyway, thanks for any help.

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I went to an Apple Store to try to BTO an iMac, and I was told that the only upgrades they could NOT do in the store are the hard drive, video, or CPU. The sales associate specifically mentioned they could upgrade RAM right there in the store since it was "minimally invasive."

Having seen the packaging of the BT Mighty Mouse inside the iMac box (I ordered it from the Apple Store online), I see no reason why they couldn't make that upgrade available for you, since it's even less invasive than swapping out RAM. Mind you, that's just conjecture on my part.

Good luck!

3. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, I hope the people at whichever Apple Store I might go to (I live pretty much equidistant from two) are that helpful. Mind you, with the price of that computer, my Dad may just decide not to spend that much money in gas and just order offline.