BTO iMacs and Lion

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jmac049, Jul 22, 2011.

1. jmac049 macrumors member

I have seen many threads asking if Lion comes pre-installed on iMacs. Some people have written that some Apple reps have said yes and some have said no. I have heard that if you get a BTO iMac it will come with Lion but the standard models will not, not until the stock is depleted.

So, any one received a new iMac since Lion was released? What's the verdict? I know many people would like to know.

2. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Still waiting for mine. Should arrive on Wednesday.

3. themoffster macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

I came on to ask the same question. I'm looking to order a custom iMac tomorrow and wanted to be sure it shipped worth Lion

4. carrako macrumors regular

Just ordered a BTO 27" iMac less than 1hr ago. Talked to a online rep and he informed me that it would ship with Snow Leopard but Lion upgrade is free. While this isn't a big deal for me since I've been a Lion Dev since day 1 and the upgrade install is super quick, it still sounds odd that they wouldn't be shipping with Lion, especially BTO ones. Should arrive next Wednesday so ill know then.

5. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

I got my new BTO iMac today and it came brand new with Lion preinstalled and no Snow Leopard restore discs at all. Even the box was brand new and reflects the Lion desktop wallpaper on the new Mac. I was very pleased.

I ordered the SSD+HDD BTO.

6. sth macrumors 6502a

Did it come with a Lion restore DVD, a USB-stick or only the recovery partition on the iMac itself?

7. Appeltaart macrumors newbie

@Icaras: mine arrives tomorrow :) can you maybe upload a photo of the box? Im curious how it looks like with the new picture. I hope that my iMac will come with Lion :)

8. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

If it doesn't come with Lion, just use the Up To Date program.

I did it with the iMac I bought last month. Pretty simple: Enter your serial, and you get a redeem code for use with the Mac App Store.