BTO imaged with Lion?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by roland.g, Jul 6, 2011.

1. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I am one of those waiting for Lion to come on a new Mac vs. the whole buy it, get the code and upgrade.

I am also planning on getting a BTO since I have pretty much decided on the 27" 2.7 i5 iMac with SSD. Since it is a BTO (instead of being a produced machine already in distribution channels), what do you think the lag time will be if any between Lion's release and being able to order one pre-imaged with Lion instead of the whole SL and upgrade code?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Probably not long. I would imagine a BTO ordered on the release day would have Lion on it.

3. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

I just checked Apple's site and the base 27" iMac adding SSD + HDD gives a 2-4 day shipping window. I would hope that means the machine gets imaged after I order it and they are imaging machines on or slightly before/after release day with Lion.

4. macmongral macrumors member

they do not image the machine when it is built ( take to long ) they image the drive hdd/ssd on a mass copier about a hundred at a time from master hdd/ssd

manufactures have never installed a os as we do

so mr/miss that builds the machine just grabs a drive from the bare os with ilife pile or os plus WHY pile as per the build docket

5. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

I remember when I bought my old 2008 MP. It came with Leopard installed and a SL upgrade disk in the box.