BTO MBA exchange for MBP???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rjwalker21, Feb 15, 2011.

1. rjwalker21 macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I am a frequent viewer of these forums and of the site and when I saw the article about the Sandy Bridge delays I had decided to buy a MBA instead of waiting for the MBP (which I assumed would end up getting pushed back until April)

Now there is no guarantee that I would do this, but if the new MBP's were to launch on the 1st of March, would Apple let me exchange the MBA I just ordered for the MBP even if the MBA is a custom order?

Thanks in advance!

2. mdgm macrumors 6502a

If they haven't begun building the machine yet you could get a refund.

3. rjwalker21 thread starter macrumors newbie

They already shipped it actually. Supposed to get it tomorrow, well today actually. I was thinking I wouldn't be able to but wasn't sure. I'm not even sure if I would even bother but I would like to know if the option was there.

4. axu539 macrumors 6502a

it's doubtful. Apple doesn't even let you RETURN BTO orders in-store. You'd be better off just returning the machine before 14 days are up.

5. rjwalker21 thread starter macrumors newbie

So can I return it within 14 days even if it is BTO? Sorry, I was just confused by this. Thanks for the reply!

6. mdgm macrumors 6502a

7. rjwalker21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh well, not a big deal. Just mainly going to use it for school. I'll just get an iMac when the Air Force finally let's me move out of the dorms lol.

8. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

1st March is still rumor. How can you be sure it is? Just because very tech blog just copied each other?

9. rjwalker21 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know it's still a rumor, that's why I said "if". It was a hypothetical scenario to see if I would have the option available.

10. dwhynman macrumors regular

You can probally sell it for about what you paid for it. I just sold my 2 year old MBP for only 300 less than I paid.

11. old-wiz macrumors G3

Sandy Bridge is not going to make every current Mac obsolete. For some users, SB is a good idea, but I'd bet that a large percentage wouldn't notice much difference.