BTO MBP Replacement -->horrible experience with customer relations

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lakerfreak, Nov 10, 2008.

1. lakerfreak macrumors newbie

I got my first MBP (2.8GHz, 320GB 7200 RPM HDD) in the last week of October, but it turned out to be faulty, so Apple decided to give me a replacement.

The order was placed on October 30th and the rep said it's going to take 3-5 business days.

5 business days later, I was finally able to be in contact with the rep after many many voicemails and emails, and she said she talked to the dispatching team and they will ship out my laptop on the same day and provide a tracking number by the end of day that day.

I waited for her email with tracking number that day, but it didn't arrive.

Next day, after hours or waiting and call transfering, I was able to escalate the issue, and the supervisor said there has been a mistake in my order and it was canceled / placed again a few days ago (the previous sales rep didn't tell me this and was lied to me about the shipping time!).

And he said the latest shipping date will be November 13th, but I might be able to receive the laptop by Monday (Today!).

Of course, the laptop didn't arrive today, so I called the customer relations again. After an hour or waiting and call transfering, I was able to talk to a rep, and he now said it will be shipped between 13th and 17th, which is more than 2 weeks since my replacement order was placed...

I've wasted a lot of my time, and finally I lost my temper, but the rep kept saying the same stuff "your mbp will be shipped between 13th and 17th."

How did you guys deal with situations like this??!!

I was so pissed, I demanded talking to the most senior supervisor there, and he said we will work out "something" for the time I wasted on this, but he told me to call him about it after I receive my replacement.
    Typically, what do we usually get or what can we demand as their token of appreciation?

This whole situation is very frustrating... I wasted 10+ hours just to spend $3000 on a faulty laptop.

2. Mercellus macrumors regular

Wow, that is not the kind of customer service that Apple likes to provide. I would recommend sending a politely worded email in regards to the situation to sjobs@apple.com, which is read by Corporate Executive Customer Relations, a team of people who have the utmost power to assist you in this kind of situation. I have heard this works for a lot of people who have had issues with customer service issues.

Good luck. :)

3. JPizzzle macrumors regular

I would also recommend sending an email to sjobs. I've done so and I now have an "executive" level agent handling my case, even though there was nothing wrong with my last agent. Through talks with apple care i've been given $45 off a purchase of $300 or more (which my gf will use towards her new mb down the line). I was also promised to receive a nano or software once i get my new mbp bto replacement (#3). I need to call him to discuss my options later this week after I receive the replacement. Long story short it is deff worth giving applecare a call and asking to speak to a supervisor or even shooting an email to sjobs. Sorry to hear bout your troubles and good luck!

4. coolca1028 macrumors member

hmmm.. looks like i will be emailing sjobs tomorrow,