BTO MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by S-mac-k, Apr 14, 2011.

1. S-mac-k macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

How long do they usually take to arrive from ordering to your doorstep? I'm resident in the UK. Anyone any experience of this from our shores?

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

3. yippiekiyay macrumors newbie

I ordered my BTO MBP on the 4th to be delivered to London, was given an estimated delivery date of the 11th which i thought was fairly quick considering that they build in China and ship from there,

it still says the 11th and supposedly on schedule, but i'm still waiting, i called their customer service yesterday and they said that it was in the process of being handed over to UPS that morning and gave me a tracking number.

the tracking number isnt regonised by UPS tracker yet so they must still be handing over.

when i ordered my iMac last year though, it took 6days.

I'm hoping to get it delivered by monday now, so i'd say depending on how lucky you are; between one to two weeks from order to delivery.

4. cynric macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I ordered my hi res model last Thursday and it arrived this Morning, so seven days

5. ConnYoungy macrumors 6502a

Ordered mine on the 5th, estimated delivery for the 13th, still says carrier details to be updated shortly.

I wish the order status page was a little more detailed

6. Hawaga macrumors member

7. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    expected ETA 6-12/4/11
    mine was a bit of a disaster
    ordered 17" CTO with 7200 HDD HR, applecare, spectec case
    ordered 22/3/11
    shipped 23/3/11
    arrival uk distribution centre 25/3/11 - usa apple store stated item at courier -
    30/3/11
    uk site item - item en-route to UK (regression) so called apple to clarify at 12-45pm- they stated item not yet arrived in UK
    Received parcel received note from concierge - UPS had actually delivered item 1200pm, earlier that day!
    2 days later i received e-mail from UPS giving me my tracking info and final confirmation of delivery!
    Was not impressed with poor tracking and false info given by apple uk over the phone - but so happy to received my MBP i really could not be arsed to raise an issue with apple

8. S-mac-k thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

So I've got 6-10 days to go. For goodness sake. Living without a computer is like getting my dangly bits chopped off!

& to top it off, bought a HP for my misses on mon as hers died the week before. (5+yes old Toshiba) It arrived yesterday. I switch it on, there is no charge light. Remove battery, does not work from mains. Due for courier collection tomorrow.

Glad I'm moving away from Windoze machines.

In short, we're running of an iPod touch & iPhone. Struggle.

The daughters MacBook is getting a little bit too much attention!

9. S-mac-k thread starter macrumors member

BTO means built to order. Not a base model as shown in stores or online.

Let's put it this way. I ain't gonna hold my breath...

10. yippiekiyay macrumors newbie

I can't really complain about overall delivery time, as two weeks to build and ship from china is fairly resonable.

I think the way apple tracks their shipments leaves a lot to be desired though.

11. S-mac-k thread starter macrumors member

SHIPPED!

Now the waiting game...

12. iMackPro macrumors 6502

my CTO came from china, like everyone elses apparently. I live in Oklahoma. It took 4 days to ship =\ but arrived in 3 days. so 7 days exactly. Apple shipping the product is definitely the most time consuming

13. cynric macrumors newbie

I thought 7 days for mine was pretty good, it left China on Monday and arrived here 4 days later after a whole day sat in Germany.