BTO Replacements

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Branskins, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Branskins macrumors 65816

I received my rMBP 15 and it is beautiful...but the palm area to the right of the track has a very loud creak.

I was told by Apple customer service that I need to return the computer by sending it back and then repurchasing the computer. For some reason I thought they would ship me the replacement in parallel with me sending it back.

I've never done BTO before, so I am not sure what is right or wrong. I am guessing support is right...but I am not sure

Also, how long does it usually take for them to receive the computer and refund it?

2. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

Does not sound right at all.

I also bought a 15" rMBP Haswell. I also had an issue with it (screen problem) I contacted Apple and asked for a replacement, they instantly transferred me to a woman who ordered me a brand new laptop and setup a pickup for mine.

So to be clear, they ordered me a new laptop simultaneously with booking a courier to pick up the faulty one. Mine was a BTO with 2.6GHz Processor and 1TB SSD added to the configuration.

3. Branskins thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok I will just give them a call tomorrow then and see what they say. I thought it was weird what she told me to because it would just take so much time. I would have to return it, wait for them to receive it and credit me (I guess I could pay for another one) which can take a few days, place a new order and then wait again.

I got the 2.6/512 BTO

Thanks!

4. Benk3350 macrumors member

yeah that is really weird... why would they make you repurchase it? it's just a simple return/exchange right?

I have a BTO 2.6, 1tb and if something goes wrong I really hope it won't be too painful.