BTO Replacements

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Branskins, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Branskins macrumors 65816

Dec 8, 2008
    I received my rMBP 15 and it is beautiful...but the palm area to the right of the track has a very loud creak.

I was told by Apple customer service that I need to return the computer by sending it back and then repurchasing the computer. For some reason I thought they would ship me the replacement in parallel with me sending it back.

I've never done BTO before, so I am not sure what is right or wrong. I am guessing support is right...but I am not sure

Also, how long does it usually take for them to receive the computer and refund it?
  2. Quu macrumors 68020

Apr 2, 2007
    Does not sound right at all.

I also bought a 15" rMBP Haswell. I also had an issue with it (screen problem) I contacted Apple and asked for a replacement, they instantly transferred me to a woman who ordered me a brand new laptop and setup a pickup for mine.

So to be clear, they ordered me a new laptop simultaneously with booking a courier to pick up the faulty one. Mine was a BTO with 2.6GHz Processor and 1TB SSD added to the configuration.
  3. Branskins thread starter macrumors 65816

Dec 8, 2008
    Ok I will just give them a call tomorrow then and see what they say. I thought it was weird what she told me to because it would just take so much time. I would have to return it, wait for them to receive it and credit me (I guess I could pay for another one) which can take a few days, place a new order and then wait again.

I got the 2.6/512 BTO

4. Benk3350 macrumors member

Jun 19, 2010
    yeah that is really weird... why would they make you repurchase it? it's just a simple return/exchange right?

I have a BTO 2.6, 1tb and if something goes wrong I really hope it won't be too painful.