BTS Promotion and Owner Registration Questions

Discussion in 'iMac' started by iMackie, Jun 16, 2011.

1. iMackie macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,
    I had some questions regarding the back to school promotion that apple is offering. I graduated about a year ago from college and have wanted to buy an iMac for quite some time now. However, as you all know the back to school promotion discount only applies to students and faculty that are in school. My brother on the other hand is currently in college and I was thinking about using him to get a discount on a BTO iMac without getting applecare/autoenroll.

My question is once he gets the iMac and hands it to me, will I be able to purchase an apple care down the road and register the iMac under my name and be the owner of it?

Thank you in advance.

2. silentbob007 macrumors regular

Quite a few people order online without providing any proof at all and have no issues ... I doubt Apple will not allow you to pay them more money for an extended warranty.

3. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

If you still have your student ID, you can just show it to Apple. You can purchase the computer under your name and all, and extend your AppleCare that way too.

Apple doesn't question whether you're still in school or not. They just look at your card, and you're good to go.