Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reyno28

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2010
I can not get BTstack mouse to find the magic mouse. On the app it says that bluetooth is not accessible. My bluetooth is on and I still cant get it to work. Does the app even work for 4.1? Does anyone know?

rostrego

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2010
I am using an iPhone 4 with 4.1, and I had the same problem that you. Try this: disable bluetooth in the preferences and reopen BTstack mouse again. Now you should be able to make it work. Hope this works for you as well.

8CoreWhore

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Tejas
I am using an iPhone 4 with 4.1, and I had the same problem that you. Try this: disable bluetooth in the preferences and reopen BTstack mouse again. Now you should be able to make it work. Hope this works for you as well.

Correct. Bluetooth must be off, not on. BTStack will then hijack the BT radio and use its own driver (the app).

I'm finding that it still takes several tries to get it synced, especially if it picks up other BT devices around, like at a cafe.

And the mouse curser lags and is jittery. Ugh. (4.2.1)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.