btw, my Imac purchase story

Discussion in 'iMac' started by electricdreams, Jul 19, 2011.

1. electricdreams macrumors member

2 weeks ago i placed order for base 21.5, a week later for another, both with the Ed discount, no issues with price-
    one of the imac's had issue with freezing and restarting so I quickly asked them to refund and I would purchase another one, bad mistake on my end, I should of told them to exchange. The refund went through, but when I tried to purchase another one, it canceled my order right away with an email saying I exceeded my limit for Ed discount.(called to place order on phone several times, while the rep told me it should go through, 10min later email said canceled) 2 hours on the phone calling every # and apple reps transferring me between many departments, no one can figure out why I cant place another order, until some rep told me I cannot purchase 2 imacs with ed discount, "even though it went through fine when I did so "
    I tried to explain them that I had 1 being returned but still I'm in limbo and no one in apple is willing to thing beyond what they know.
    Being without a system my choice was to just get a refurb, frustrated about the whole situation I somehow decided to go with the high end 27inch i5. Gets to me overnight, fedex guy says , " I think its broken" he shakes it and I can hear glass everywhere, I refused the order. After another hour on phone with apple trying to get them to send me another one of these overnight was hard, I had to call several times to get lucky as they suggested I wait for this one to be delivered back to them and wait for refund, then new one ships out. Anyway I got lucky and I assume a supervisor let them release the unit , so I'm on it right now. A week without a computer was like the dark ages,
    :eek::apple:

2. FrankHahn macrumors 6502a

Sorry to hear your sad story! I hope that you are happy with the iMac you just received.

3. Mitchelino macrumors 6502

It's a shame there was that much fuss over the iMac ed store limit, even when you returned the one you bought. Hope all goes well with your new iMac and that you don't run into any of those problems again! :)